Whats in my backpack?
I have seen a few posts online recently about the tools and technology people use on a day to day basis. A few components that I have no one seems to have mentioned yet. So I thought it was probably a good idea to share my list. I will probably do a separate list of the software I use at some point as well.
Below is a list of the things that I tend to carry in my bag. I don’t always have all of them with me but I typically swap out what I need as appropriate depending on if need to go to a datacentre or just a meeting/onsite client work.
- Macbook Air 2018 ( My goto machine)
- iPad Pro 9.7 & Apple Pencil allows for quick sketching but also used as a presentation remote.
- Anker Powercore 20100 ( Huge battery for keeping iPhone/Ipad charged)
- Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones. Equally useful in a noisy datacentre or a noisy office.
- 2.5″ USB Drive caddy
- Bunch of USB Sticks typically with a few different ESX builds 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 and an empty one just in case
- EasyAcc Wireless Storage PowerBank – Battery powered AP ( Insanely useful device)
- Huawei 3G Mifi
- Startech USB KVM (Another lifesaver)
- Apple Lightning to HDMI Adaptor + HDMI cable
- Leatherman Wingman
- Led Headtorch
- Dymo portable label printer
- Trusty vendor supplied notepad and pens.
Oh and a Tie……